Vegetable Patty with Poached Egg & Baked Beans
Write a review
- 1 medium-sized brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, shredded (skins removed - optional)
- 500 g pack frozen vegetable mix - peas, carrots corn, defrosted
- 30 ml (2 T) fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) plain four
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 x 410 g can baked beans in tomato sauce, heated, to serve
- Combine onion, potato, vegetable mix, parsley, flour and beaten eggs in a large bowel; mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions; flatten to form patties.
- Heat oil in large heavy-base frying pan; cook patties, uncovered, until brown both sides and potato is tender.
- Poach eggs as desired.
- Serve vegetable patty topped with poached egg with baked beans.
- Season to taste.
- Vegetable patties can also be served with a meat roast
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/