The Perfect Boiled Egg
Write a review
- Egg as required
- Choose a saucepan, big enough, to suit the number of eggs you are boiling (there should be enough room to move eggs around)
- Add enough cold water to cover the eggs, stir constantly with wooden spoon over high heat until water boils: this will centralise each yolk.
- Boil, uncovered until yolks are as soft or as firm as you like.
- 3 minutes will give you a set egg white and soft yolk
- 5 minutes the yolk will set
- 7-8 minutes the yolk will be set and firm
- Place saucepan of eggs under cold running water for about half a minute or until eggs are cool enough to handle.
To peel eggs
- Crack shell gently and leave eggs immersed in cold water for at least 5 minutes or until cold.
- This will stop a dark ring forming around each yolk.
- Remove shells, starting from broad end.
- Pat the eggs dry before serving.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/