Snack in Puff Pastry
Write a review
- 15 ml oil (1T)
- 1 packet mushrooms, wiped with a damp cloth and sliced
- ½ packet bacon, finely chopped
- 400 g frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms and bacon together until cooked.
- Leave to cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut into 6 even dough circles, large enough to line muffin pans and 6 even circles to serve as “lids” for the lined muffin pans.
- Line each muffin pan with a circle of puff pastry.
- Scatter the surface with the mushroom and bacon mixture.
- Place a hard boiled egg on top.
- Cover with the second circle and secure dough with the thumb and forefinger by pinching the dough together.
- Brush dough with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the dough is nicely puffed and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold as a snack.
- Cut pretty shapes from left over raw dough and secure on top of dough topping for a pretty effect
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/