Rice, Apple & Egg Salad
Write a review
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and cubed
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- 100 ml plain yoghurt or cream
- 10 ml mild curry powder
- Lemon zest and chopped, fresh, bright green herbs for extra flavouring
- Place the cold cooked rice in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle apple cubes with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Mix the apple cubes in with the rice. Gently mix in the egg cubes.
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and curry powder together and moisten the rice mixture with the sauce.
- Garnish the salad with lemon zest and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy as a complete meal or as a side dish at a braai.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/