Pancakes with Scrambled Egg Filling
Write a review
- 250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 2,5 ml (½ t) salt
- 3 extra large eggs
- 180 ml (¾ cup) milk
- ±150 ml water
- 5 ml (1 t) lemon juice or white vinegar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- extra oil for baking
Filling and topping
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced and fried
- 1 red pepper, roasted and cut into strips
- 8 - 10 large eggs, scrambled
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs, milk, water and lemon juice or vinegar together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix. (The mixture must look like smooth cream)
- Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Use a non-stick or slightly greased frying pan.
- Bake pancakes one at a time and stack. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling and topping ingredients.
- Set aside and keep warm.
To assemble pancakes
- Fill individual pancakes with scrambled egg and mushroom filling.
- Roll up and cut each roll in half.
- Place rolls alongside each other on a heated serving platter and scatter roasted red pepper strips over for garnishing.
- The filled pancakes is a good choice for a late breakfast or brunch.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/