Write a review
- 2 extra large eggs
- 30 ml (2 T) milk or cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ml (1 t) butter
- 15 ml (3 T) chopped fresh leafy green herbs (i.e. parsley, dill, chives)
- ½ round feta, coarsely crumbled
- Beat the eggs and milk or cream together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized frying pan and when heated, pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium-heat until the omelette is set at the bottom but still runny at the top.
- Sprinkle over the chopped herbs.
- Cook omelette to preferred taste.
- Sprinkle the feta over and loosen the sides of the omelette.
- Slide onto a serving plate.
- Serve immediately with extra fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serve with a slice of toasted seed bread.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/