Hard Boiled Eggs with Mild Curry Sauce
Write a review
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 1 x 70 g packet white onion soup powder
- 50 ml curry powder
- Prepared rice, pap or cous cous
- Fresh coriander leaves and chopped chilli to garnish (optional)
- Keep hard boiled and peeled eggs aside.
- Mix water, milk, onion soup powder and curry powder together in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over medium-heat while stirring frequently to avoid lumps forming.
- When the mixture starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in halve and place on a bed of rice, pap or cous cous.
- Pour the hot curry sauce over the egg halves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped chilli (if desired).
- Serve immediately accompanied by a chopped tomato, cucumber and onion salad (optional).
- Replace milk with coconut milk or cream for a richer and creamier curry sauce.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/