Write a review
- Per serving
- 1 bread slice, flattened with a rolling pin
- 10 ml butter
- 1 vienna sausage, sliced
- 30 g cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 baby tomato, halved
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Butter the bread slice well on each side.
- Place the bread slice in a large, well greased muffin pan, pushing the centre of the bread down to form a “bowl” (be careful not to break the bread when doing this.)
- Fill the “nest” with the sliced Vienna and grated cheese.
- Break an egg over the vienna and cheese and place the tomato halves on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Serve hot.
- Fill the bread nest as desired i.e. mince, bacon, mushrooms or left overs and top with an egg.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/