Egg and Watercress Sandwich
Write a review
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large pickled gherkin, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh watercress, chopped
- extra watercress for garnishing
- 30 ml (2 T) mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices buttered brown bread
- Mix the chopped egg, gherkin, watercress and mayonnaise together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling generously on buttered bread and garnish with fresh watercress sprigs.
- To make a deluxe sandwich, include crispy fried bacon and mozzarella cheese.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/