Potato and Salami Bake with Fried Eggs
Write a review
- 2 medium-sized warm, cooked potatoes
- 30 ml full cream milk or cream
- 4 thin salami slices
- 30 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 g butter
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grilling element of the oven.
- Slice the potato and place in a small oven proof bowl.
- Pour cream or milk over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with salami slices and grated cheese.
- Place under grilling element of the oven until cheese had melted and the mixture is cooked through.
To fry an egg
- Melt the butter over medium-heat in frying pan. When the butter is melted and bubbly, break the eggs, one at a time in the pan.
- Fry the eggs until the egg white had set and the yolk is still slightly runny but firm.
- A lid can be placed over the pan for the eggs to set quicker and more evenly.
- Remove the potato dish from the oven and spoon onto a serving plate.
- Top with the two fried eggs. Season to taste and serve.
- Delicious, tasty and economical. A good choice for sporty young men.
Heidel Eggs - Mpumalanga's leading egg producer https://www.heideleggs.co.za/