Heidel Eggs hosted a Cook Off for its year end function
Heidel Eggs decided to do things a little differently for their year end function this year. On 27 November they hosted their first Cook Off function. Participants ranged from retailers like Pick n Pay and Spar, to the Puma rugby forwards and backline as well as various other media and stakeholders.
The various companies were given a table of ingredients and required to cook a meal, with chicken and eggs a mandatory requirement for each of the meals and a choice then of which ingredients and side dishes to complement their dish. Open fires and gas plates were used to make wonderful dishes, ranging from chicken potjies to flatties on the braai, chicken wellington and many other scrumptious dishes. The 9 teams with 4 “chefs” per team were all very competitive in their endeavours to produce the winning meals.
The following were the winners of the various awesome prizes that Heidel offered:
- 1st Prize for tastiest dish – 7 days self catering accommodation at Casa 4 Play in Bilene Mozambique for 4 couples – was a draw with Puma Forwards and Swift Group on 150 points each. Heidel graciously decided to double up on this prize in order to award each of these two teams the prize.
- 2cd Prize for best presentation – Weekend self catering getaway at Nkonyeni Heights in Swaziland for 4 couples – went to Pick n Pay White River.
- 3rd Prize for best combination of ingredients – Weekend away at Nkonyeni Heights in Swaziland for 4 couples – went to Spar Crossings
- 4th Prize for best Team Work – Weekend away at Nkonyeni Heights in Swaziland for 4 couples – went to Spar DC
- Best appropriately dressed – Spar vouchers of R250 each to each of the 4 team members – went to Heidel Eggs team
- Messiest stand – 1 ½ dozen eggs for each of the 4 members of the team – Pumas Backline
- Neatest stand –1 ½ dozen eggs for each of the 4 members of the team – My Lowveld
- Panic attack stand – 1 ½ dozen eggs for each of the 4 members of the team – Radio Laeveld
The event was a huge success with immediate media coverage on Radio Laeveld news report that evening as well as article in My Lowveld . It was also unanimously decided that this event would recur every year.